Monday 15 September 2014

Switching to Cruelty-free cosmetics

Prepare yourself to cry:


I have just decided to switch to Cruelty-free cosmetics(because of so many different reasons, not least the absolute wrongness of supporting animal testing), but I'm struggling because it's a bit confusing!

So basically 'not tested on animals' means
-not testing on animals (duh)

BUT it also means:
-not being owned by a company that does (because then animal testing is still being funded)
-not selling in China (because to sell in China you are required by law to test on animals)

So, it depends on each person what your definition of cruelty free is, but anything with this symbol fits all of the above criteria.

This link really explains the symbols well! 


So, I'm using up my current makeup and stuff before I replace them with cruelty free options.

Check http://www.gocrueltyfree.org/ out, and see what you think of going cruelty free!


No comments:

Post a Comment